Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kip's Tip

As mentioned in my previous post, I am in the field of sales. I love learning about the trade and ways to be better. I actually love learning about everything and anything - send me a note and share with me a fact or two. My Director of Sales is similar as he loves stats and as I call them "tid bits". To motivate our team he will send out an occasional email with amazing quotes, facts, goals, etc. Just the other day as we were coming to the end of our sales month he sent us out an email that I am sure all of us sales reps would benefit from. Not sure where the information originated, however, it's certainly food for thought.

For all of you working in the field of Sales, check out the stats. You just might change up your method:

"Here's a very clear insight into some general statistical information about the selling profession.

  • 48% of salespeople never follow up with a prospect.
  • 25% of salespeople make a second contact and stop.
  • 12% of Salespeople only make three contacts and stop.
  • Only 10% of salespeople make more than three contacts.
Be one of the 10%

Now get this...

  • 2% of sales are made on the first contact.
  • 3% of sales are made on the second contact.
  • 5% of sales are made on the third contact.
  • 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact.
But 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact."

Cheers to moving forward and closing some business!!!

Good luck,

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment