Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Boudros - San Antonio, Texas

If ever visiting San Antonio, Texas I highly recommend visiting boudros.  Be sure and make a reservation; you don't want to be one of those gitty individuals standing in line envious of everyone's food, simply to find out it's a 2 hour wait at best.  

My favorite dish on their menu is their famous Blackened Prime Rib with the Grilled Prime Rib Sides.  I state my favorite only because I am guilty of ordering the same dish each time.  Because of my gracious friends I was ever so luck to try a bite of each of their meals.  The "Seafood Platter"...amazing and just the right size. "Big Tails Little Tails"...so much flavor complimented by the best risotto. "Texas Fillet of Sirloin & Frites"....wow, not exactly top of the healthy list, but the fried jalapenos are soaked in the best garlic sauce....hmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

If you visit boudros don't limit yourself to just the main course, go all out.  Try it all.  The appetizers are amazing and the desserts are sinfully delicious. My personal favorite (and this time I have branched out) "Wild Field Mushrooms"...just the right amount of flavor topped with my favorite, goat cheese.  There is a bit of zing that makes you want more.

To give you an idea of how yummy their menu truly is visit their website for few of their speciality recipes.  They have given up the secret to their guacamole & prickly pear margarita.  It sure was exciting to learn I can take home some of boudros flavors. 

Check it out by going to http://www.boudros.com/boudros/goodies.php

Cheers to a tasty evening,

Cara  

No comments:

Post a Comment